Monday, March 5, 2012

It was a long day so...


I am not going to take the straws out of the lids of the sippy cups before I throw them in the dishwasher.

I am not separating the whites from the colors and the darks. C'mon now, why can't they all just get washed together?

I am NOT cutting the crusts of your sandwiches. No one makes ME a damn sandwich. Eat what's made for you tomorrow. No shapes either. Know that I love you from my daily actions, hugs, kisses, activities together, not whether I cut your damn sandwiches into hearts or crowns or "H" shapes!

You are not getting whole chips, just crumbles.

You are getting water. Plain old water. In a bottle. Not a pink one. Call me Mommie Dearest.

Tomorrow I will clean this house, make your beds with clean sheets.

Clean your clothes, and hang them up in your closet. Pair your socks.

The things we do for you. Name them, mommies. The things that are just done. No one seems to know how they get done, but if they are not it would all fall apart.

Good night mommies, and all others who do those little things to make someone elses life a litttle easier. We don't really do it for thanks or applause or appreciatation. We do it out of love.

Shit. I can't leave the crusts on. It's so much prettier with it in a heart shape. And a truck for Spencer. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea, "naming" the things we do everyday that are little but all add up. This is how grown men manage to get to be adults without realizing that there is no "magic bathroom fairy" who wipes the toilet, rinses toothpaste from the sink, and hangs up the floor mat. No one told them!

    ReplyDelete