Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jelly Beans, chards of glass.



So did you know we got a puppy? She's really cute! Harper named her Cupcake because we brought her home on my birthday.
I feel the need to tell everyone that because I think it's a shitty name. I like to name dogs nonsensical names, or actual names. I would have named her Pippa. I like that name. But Cupcake she is.
So, being that it's Easter, I thought I'd put a jar of jelly beans on the entry table. It's a round crystal vase. It had been there for all of 2 minutes and I heard a CRASH! I ran in there(barefooted) and saw Spencer and Cupcake picking jellybeans out from the huge chards of glass and eating them. Spencer had a HUGE chard in his left hand and was eating jelly beans with his right.
Spencer is going through a phase that no matter what is in his hand, if you try to take it, he tightens his grip. I had to be smart here to avoid bloodshed. Amazingly he handed it over, but it was not as easy prying him away from the jagged buffet.
I put him up on the kitchen counter next to the monkey cookie jar full of fruit roll ups. That'll keep him busy.
Puppy went in the backyard.
I picked up most of the large pieces of glass, and then wrapped my hand in duct tape to pick up the tiny chards, and I ate a few jelly beans.....yes. Yes I did.
I vaccumed up the rest of the glass, and that was that.
Spencer is completely unscathed. Amazing.
I expect Cupcakes poop to be very multicolored. and sparkly.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant on the duct tape. And I agreed with you on the name, but sometimes, you got to go with the flow. or the crappy name. : )

    ReplyDelete