Tuesday, February 21, 2012

October 10 2007



Sick as a dog. I am sick as a dog.

I finally went to the doctor and told the nice lady that I was breastfeeding and not to prescribe anything that might interfere or be unsafe.

She prescribed prednisone. The pharmacist gave me a printout saying under "contraindications/precautions" it listed breastfeeding.

Who do I trust? I'm not filling it until tommorow after I speak to my real doctor. Or at least a lactation consultant.

I went to "Care Now" cause they are open late and able to see you right away. I dunno about that doc. She introduced herself as Lily. ,"Hi, I'm Lily, how are you?"

"Well, Lily I feel like a bus ran me over and hit my neck first. PLUS I looked after a very energetic 8 month old all day so I'm pretty beat."

HOW ARE YOU? Why would a doctor ask that when you are there because you are sick? I think she was in training. She had to go look at a book to see if it was okay to prescribe steroids to a nursing mother.

My throat is RAW. I can't speak at all unless I force my voice out, it's pretty bad. My throat is killing me. I feel like my tongue is HUGE. I also have the runs (water poo)and a splitting headache. No fever, but really achy. I told all of this to Lilly. Lilly said it's allergies.

Surely she's not a real doctor.

I hope I get to rest tonight, I gotta take care of my little whirling dervish of a daughter tommorow, and I need my sleep. I think she's gonna crawl tommorow. Or maybe walk, or run even. I can feel she is on the verge of something....

Nitey nite.





Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 am

Took the Prednisone, feel a little better but still my throat is RAW. I was so nervous nursing my hungry hippo this morning. She emptied both boobs like there was candy in them.

The LC said to just be careful and to try and take it 2 hours before nursing. It's only 10 mg. the amount transferred in breastmilk is negligable.

What a relief. I have to feel better. You simply cannot entertain an 8 month old with no voice. She looks at me funny when I call her name. I sound like I smoke about 10 packs a day. And tommorow is music class...what to do?

Harper played with tupperware and pots and pans this morning while I ate breakfast.. She loves the muffin pan and the wooden spoons. I swear she is gonna be Sheila E with her mad drumming skillz. Her favorite toys are percussion instruments. Maracas, rythym sticks

****"She wants to lead.....the Glamorous Life.....she don't need....a man's touch....she wants to lead.....the Glamorous life....with out love, it ain't much......"

jam out on the drums sister...get it girl...go go go...beat those timbales!! Maybe I should go get her a drum set....WTF am I saying????

No comments:

Post a Comment