Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shmecky Balecky

I would like to tell you this post was back in 2007, when I had but one kiddo, who, at this posting, didn't talk, move, object...etc.

Here we go:

So we had a pretty good day today. We went to the zoo with Harper and it really was a relaxing time, Jeff wasn't on my nerves...well.. if he would JUST put the spoon in from the FRONT rather than from the SIDE, he wouldn't get peas ALL OVER HER FACE....but, I kept my mouth shut. You would have been so proud of me.

The old lady that lives across the street has had some sort of surgery to her face, I think a facelift. Mrs Wolfe.

Mrs Wolfe is kind of one of those neighbors you want on your side. She's mean and has lived there forever, and calls the cops on people who park facing the wrong direction.

Well, I have taken to feeding Harper outside on the front porch. If she is distracted, she seems to eat more, and is much less squirmy. It's the "popcorn in the movie theater" thing... you eat and eat and all of a sudden it's gone and you don't remember eating it...KWIM? Well it works for babies, so if you are having trouble getting them to eat in a highchair....

Back to Mrs Wolfe. She came out with her wig(I KNOW IT"S A WIG!!) all discombobulated and askew, and a bandage wrapped around her face, under her chin and over her forehead. She had obviously though before walking out to get her paper(at 6:30 pm) "I better put my wig on! I might look pretty awful if I don't"

OMG! If I was a car driving by when she walked out I would have surely wrecked. She looked so freaky! She should just leave that shit on until Halloween!

I probably should have gone over there to help her, or to see if she needed any help, but in all honesty, I didn't want to scare Harper, she surely would have lost her marbles!

So Harper and I sat out there and Harper ate her Sweet Potato Chicken dinner and Pears and Blueberries for dessert. She ate it all, what a good girl she is.

That's about it. Isn't that enough?


Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:36 pm Post subject:
Still no teeth, but she has to wear a dorky bib everywhere from the drool. What the heck?

I know every baby is different, but no crawling and no teeth yet here...the anticipation is killing me!

She sits up, she will reeeeeeeeeeeach for something and then pop back to sitting or just grab what she wants and roll over onto her back or belly and play with it. Then she will roll somewhere else.

She will sit indian style and reeeeeeeach forward and fall on her face sometimes and then she will whimper a little and then she will push up on her hands and look around then roll back onto her back or side.

I can tell where she''s been from the drool trail.

She can't just roll through her life like that, eventually she will have to crawl, scoot, or something, she has to figure out how to get to that position where she can get to crawling.

And Amy must capture it on video. I have so much of Harper's non walking life on video. Her un mobile life. Things will get interesting when she can move about.

I am willing to bet once she starts darting about I will become a freak waiting for the knives to fall from the counter, or for her to eat the dogs food, or for her to crawl into the bathroom and lick the toilet.(my deepest darkest fears.) I will live the rest of my life on edge.

"DDDDDON't touch that!"

No NO NOOOOOO!

I think we mayhave found Harper's favorite baby food. Summer Vegetable Dinner. Damn she was ravenous, she was grunting for more! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! She ate an entire 4oz jar and then had some blueberries and pears for dessert. And two big boobies full of milk to top that off...that chick is down for the count.

I wonder what she's resting up for? Will she wake up and smile at me with a "grill" and then hoist her self out of her crib onto the floor and run into the kitchen and make herself a bowl of Cap'n Crunch?

Shit I hope not. I would trip out.
_________________

No comments:

Post a Comment