Thursday, February 23, 2012

a 2010 nugget

So yesterday we were at the grocery store and I saw an aisle with no line so I rolled my screaming baby and toddler over there.

The checkout lady said,"M'am, this man is trying to find his credit card and he's been looking for 10 minutes, so you may want to go in another line"

The man looked to be in his early 50's, and was dressed like a salesman, Polo shirt, khakis, and I noticed he had a monitor on his belt buckle. I said to the checker,"Is that an insulin monitor? I think he may be diabetic, and he seems disoriented"

(Meanwhile, Spencer and Harper are silent. Seemingly listening to the exchange, Harper is especially riveted)

The checker asks me if I think she should call 911, and the man starts to wander around like he's drunk. He slurs to the checker,"No I just need....no....I will...can I get...."

Having no idea what to do, this other guy walks up and starts talking to the man. He knows him. He says he works with him, and he probably just needs a coke, can he have one.

They get him a coke and meanwhile they have called 911 and they tell him they are on their way. They get him a chair, set his things aside, and I look over to Harper who has her hands clasped and says, "God, please help the man with diarrhea, let the fireman save him"

Everyone that heard her giggled, and we got our Jalapeno peppers, cream cheese, and steaks and left.

On the way to the car, she said,"Mommy, can you die from diarrhea?"

I said, "No Harper, not right away, but that man has DIABETES not diarrhea, and that's serious"

She said, "Like Pop Pop, he ate too much candy, and has diarrhea, and one time when we went to the zoo, I ate too much cotton candy and I threw up all over my carseat, and it was pink, and I cried and got scared..... (endless blather ensued)"

Fast forward to today.

"Mommy?"

"Yes Harper"

"Is the diabetes man from Albertson's all better today?"

"I don't know, you want me to call Albertson's to see if they know anything?"(sarcastically)

"Yes, I think so. Then we can go to the zoo, okay? And this time I won't eat too much candy, mommy, I promise"

"Okay Harper, but first let's get ready for school"

She's so damn crazy. I love the shit out of her sometimes.

*******************************

And damn Spencer wants me at 3am. last 2 nights in a row. I'm going to bed right now, it's 8:08pm.

The whole Williams family is going to the State Fair of Texas tomorrow for some deep fried anything.

This year's favorites: Deep Fried Coke, Deep Fried Frito Pie, Deep Fried butter. And an ice cold Dublin Dr Pepper<-----Texans know what I speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment