Wednesday, February 22, 2012

From 2008 when I turned 39

So today was my 39th year bday.

Hooray!

I woke up and got Harper and brought her back to bed with me and nursed her...I kinda drifted off to sleep a little longer, and then she wanted to switch...she says "that" when she wants something over there, and says "ziss" when she likes what she has already.

So I deduced she wanted "that" boob.

Jeff got me flowers, he must have gotten them yesterday but they were on his pillow with a card and some chewy sprees(my fave)

He leaves for work at 6:30 so I wasn't up yet.

Harper took another long ass nap this morning from 9-12:30!! I have to get her up earlier on Friday, for music class

She can sleep in the car.


Harper was at the club from 1:30 to 3 so I could go do makeup for a pregnancy photoshoot. The woman was about 5 foot 3 and I swear her belly stuck out a full foot and a half. She's having a girl. It looks like she's having a basketball. I have never seen such a round belly, and neither an innie or an outie on the ol belly button, just smooth, no belly button at all, not even a crease.

I remember hearing about test tube babies back in the 70's(when I was about 6 or 7 years old) having no belly button, and that you could tell if someone was a test tube baby by looking at their belly button. We went around checking all our friend's belly buttons to make sure they weren't "one of them"

Sounds kinda freaky science fiction movie material....but I would have sworn it was the truth.

Believe it or not, I had a wild imagination when I was a kid.

I told Nicole Clark I was the Bee Gees sister, and that they came to my house and slept with me in my room at night after they finished in the recording studio. I had imaginary conversations with them sometimes. I am glad baby monitors didn't exist back then.

Edwina Dorsey and I used to hide in her parents' pop up trailer and pretend we were hiding from our fans because we were secretly rock stars, a duo of 7 year olds living in Fort Worth...and we were British. We spoke with accents and everything. I wish I had tape recordings of some of our conversations.

Barbie and Ken always went camping, and had wild sex parties in the garage. They always danced to "I get Lifted" by KC and the Sunshine band...I can remember it like it was yesterday, and that song still takes me back.

I told Mariah Rowe that Andy Gibb gave me this ring I had. It was just a cheapo play ring, but I told her he sent it to me because he wanted to marry me.(She didn't know that the Bee Gees were actually my brothers, and that would make Andy Gibb my brother too)

I had a jump rope that had mushrooms for handles and I used it as a microphone, and I would stand in front of my mirror and lip sync to Donna Summer Live and More...even that parts between songs where she's talking and stuff.. I had that shit memorized! I woul duse the rope part and whip it around just like Donna Summer. Damn I wanted to be her SO BAD! But not now, she looks like Rick James now.

I hope Harper gets that gene. I really had fun with my friends making stuff up. And just playing in my room lip synching and stuff. Pretending. Being a kid.

Not sure how this journal entry turned out the way it did, but it just flowed out of me.

Must be because I am 39 and stuff. All grown up. Not.

Photobucket
Shadow Dancin'

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog!

    I think I remember this post from back when it lived in your journal at Everythingbaby...?

    I remember the story anyways, and I remember being thrilled with your storytelling. I'm so glad you are blogging :)

    ReplyDelete