Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A few nuggets originally posted in 2008

A Staple in My sammich:

I got a sandwich at Loafin' Joe's with a STAPLE in it. I thought it was a chicken bone at first, but it was an italian sub.

Jeff let them know about it, and they asked if it was toward the end of the sandwich, Jeff said "no, in the middle" They said, "Well, we thought if it was close to the end it was from when they stapled the bag"

...WHAT? It was inside the sandwich. I almost barfed.

They said, Please let us make it up to you, "free sub on your next visit"....No thanks.

"Loafin' Joe's"....should have known better with that name.

I like The Great Outdoors anyway. Locally owned sub shop.

Amyisms:

"Her forehead is so high, it is more of a 5 head"

I have a lot of little phrases I use regularly:

If someone butts in to a conversation, I call them "Mrs Buttinsky"

And if someone is snobby, I call them Snooty Snooterton
or smelly: Stinky Stinkerton...or Nerdy Nerdlebaum for someone who is really dorky...but they could also be Dorky Dorklestein

Somehow Jewish sounding last names seem nerdier to me, I guess because the nerdiest guy I have ever met is Josh Finklebaum...I mean, that's freakin NERDY. The only way that could be nerdier is if his first name was Erkel or Farfel Or Fiefel.....Feifel Finklebaum would be WORKIN a pocket protector and tape on his glasses.

Jeff and I went to eat Jamaican food tonight, and they had a gift shop with a baby Rastafarian hat with fake dreadlocks attached to it. We put it on Harper, but fuck if I didn't have my camera, and the one on my phone doesn't work. I almost peed myself laughing, so did Jeff and so did the owner who was Rastafarian, but had a star of David earring. Why?

Harper slapped him five. "High Five, Rasta man!"

It was 15 dollars..I may go back and get it. (the dreadlocked hat) It was Rastarific. So was the chicken curry. Jeff had oxtail. It tastes like brisket, but really cinnamony or something...herby...I dunno...spicy..

I think there was weed in the food.

I recently heard the term "Stinky McStinkface" on an Orbit commercial, and I thought my phrases had been overheard and used in a commercial without my permission.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment